Below are a few of the more common questions that we're asked.
The preferred location for your bin would be your driveway or front lawn. Just keep in mind that our truck needs to be able to easily access the location that you'd like the bin delivered.
DrivewayOur truck is 3.3m wide, so please check the width of your drive - especially right at the front if you have a pillar or gates that narrow access.
Front Nature Strip or RoadIf there is no suitable location on your property to place the bin, we may be able to locate your bin on the front nature strip or on the road. We CANNOT place a bin sticking out into the road, it needs to be parallel to the kurb, which means we need room for the truck to pull along the kerb to drop the bin. Please ensure you have suitable space for the bin and truck, both for delivery and collection AND keep in mind that you will require a council permit to locate a bin on council land or a road. Central Coast Council - Gosford licence application
Commercial LocationsStrata Plan Management should be contacted to gain permission BEFORE we deliver the skip bin, charges may apply if we have to retrieve an empty bin for which you did not have permission. Please be aware most underground carparks are not high enough for a skip truck, we usually place bins on the street.
The Environment Protection Authority treat all fibro as being asbestos unless proven otherwise. To prove your fibro does NOT contain asbestos you must do the following:
- Firstly check the back of the sheet to see if there is a green stamp that says "Asbestos Free". If there is then it is safe to dump. If not, refer to point 2.
- Contact the EPA, pay $40 and they will test the fibro and issue you with a clearance certificate if the sample is asbestos free
About AsbestosAsbestos was a widely used building fibre for about a century before it was phased out between 1984 and 1987 even though asbestos wasn't officially banned until 2004. Asbestos fibres cause Asbestosis, a chronic lung disease that can lead to respiratory impairment, Mesothelioma and Lung cancer. Common asbestos building products include:
- Corrugated roofing;
- Exterior and interior corners and joiners;
- Wall cladding;
- Vinyl floor tiles;
- Bathroom waterproof panels.
- Wear full protective clothing, and ensure young children are safely off-site;
- DOUBLE Wrap each piece of asbestos material in plastic (which we can provide you with at cost);
- Order an Asbestos Bin of the appropriate size from CLIFFORD'S SKIP BINS;
- Place each item into the bin carefully to avoid damaging the plastic.